Join students from six of the UK’s top dance schools for a special gala performance in support of young people who have been adversely affected by the war in Ukraine.
Students from Central School of Ballet, English National Ballet School, Elmhurst Ballet School, Northern Ballet School, Rambert School of Ballet and Contemporary Dance and The Royal Ballet School will unite to perform a range of classical and contemporary works. Repertoire and casting for the evening will be announced shortly.
Yuriy Yurchuk, Ukrainian baritone and Principal of the Royal Opera will make a special guest appearance.
Net proceeds raised from the gala will go directly to the Disasters Emergency Committee Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal.
Unite for Ukraine is a project spearheaded by Viviana Durante, Artistic Director of English National Ballet School. All Schools and their associated choreographers have donated their time and resource for free. Sadler’s Wells have generously donated the theatre.
Central School of Ballet
- Bolero, Choreographer: Sherrill Wexler.
- Excerpt from Twice Removed. Choreographer: Ashley Page
Elmhurst Ballet School
- Four Scottish Dances, Choreographer: Sir David Bintley
- Being, Choreographer: Peter Leung
English National Ballet School
- Sleeping Beauty Pas de Deux, Choreographer: Sir Kenneth McMillan
- Dead Game of Time, Choreographer: Lana Klemen
- Excerpt from Grace and Gravity, Choreographer: Andrew McNicol
Northern Ballet School
- Sonata, Choreographer: Joanne Pirrie inspired by Sir Robert Cohan
- Mantle, Choreographer: Ryan Upton
- Rise, Choreographer: Sarah Dickinson, Ryan Upton
Rambert School of Ballet and Contemporary Dance:
- Being, Choreographer – Darren Ellis
- The Royal Ballet School
- Swan Lake Pas de Douze, Choreographer: Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov with additional choreography by Frederick Ashton
- Franz’s solo from Coppélia Act lll, Choreographer: Ninette De Valois for The Royal Ballet
- Fremd, Choreographer: Jack Easton
- The Bridesmaid solo from Don Quixote, Choreographer: Marius Petipa