The Brussels Art Fair (BRAFA), created in 1956, is one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious art fairs. It is an exceptional showcase of high quality and rare pieces dating from the Bronze Age to the present day, covering some 5000 years of history. Brafatakes usually place during the last ten days of January. The first major art event of the year, it is considered a reliable barometer of the art market. The Fair will bring together 133 galleries and art dealers from all over the world. This year BRAFA welcomes as a Guest of Honor Christo whose installation of 16m will be showed inside the Fair at Tour&Taxis
- Private tour at BRAFA guided by the collector and art-lover and attendance of the lecture “Secrets of Old paintings” by an expert Svetlana Usacheva of the the Tretyakov Galleryon Russian Art of the17th-18th century;
- Private collection of Russian and contemporary art in Brussels surroundings;
- Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium (Brussels), Magritte exhibition and collection;
- Private museum and garden Van Buuren (Art Deco building with exquisite collection and interior);
- Chef-d’oeuvre of Art Nouveau: House of the Architect Victor Horta (most important reference in Art Nouveau);
- Contemporary Ballet “Kreatur” by Sasha Waltz&Guests at the La Monnaie opera theatre (optional)*;
- Workshop and the house of Belgian sculptor Isabelle Thiltgès.
- And of course, Belgium is famous for its gastronomic restaurants!
*According to tickets available
Stay at the Hotel Amigo (Rocco Forte Hotels Group). The 5 star Hotel Amigo is set among the cobbled streets of Brussels, just around the corner from the picturesque Grand Place, one of the most beautiful squares in the world. Close to BRAFA (15 minutes by car) and within easy walking distance of the major museums. Hotel Amigo provides a stylish, central base from which to explore the city.
Journey by Eurostar train (2h). From London St Pancras: February 1. From Brussels Midi: February 3
The cost of the trip is estimated at £1500 per person, subject to flight confirmation and accommodation confirmation.