MacDougall’s 30 May auction, which opened the 2020 Russian art week, proved to be a great success raising over £2mln, with practically all the top lots sold.
The classic works by Korovin (£182,000), Gorbatov (£156,000), Sokolov-Skalya (£149,500), and Annenkov (£100,200), were all sold. The sale rate was healthy at over 50% overall; for contemporary works the sale rate was nearly 70%. New record prices were achieved in this sector with Koshlyakov’s Opera selling for over £93,000.
William MacDougall commented “It was a historic moment for the Russian market. Our decision to conduct the auction in the traditional format, with an auctioneer and online, commission, and telephone bidding, was vindicated by the vibrant bidding”.
Top Lots Included:
- Lot 77 KOROVIN sold for 182,000 GBP
- Lot 38 KOROVIN Sold for 175,500 GBP
- Lot 37 GORBATOV Sold for 156,000 GBP
- Lot 39 SOKOLOV-SKALYA Sold for 149,500 GBP
- Lot 18 ANNENKOV Sold for 100,200 GBP GBP