The exhibition at the Tretyakov Gallery commemorates 130 years of Paolo Trubetskoy’s visit  to Moscow in 1898. This date marked the beginning of his teaching activities at the Moscow School of painting, sculpture and architecture. The first exposition of the sculptor’s works took place the same year at the 18th exhibition of the Moscow Society of Art amateurs in the Historical Museum in Moscow.

The majority of sculptures displayed at the Tretyakov Gallery were produced in Europe and North America and were previously unknown in Russia.