This year marks the 150th anniversary from the birth of Sergei Rachmaninov, the renown composer, virtuoso pianist, and conductor.
Rachmaninov is one of the specialties of Steven Osborne, the wide-ranging Scottish pianist, who has made his own performing edition of the Second Sonata and in the words of Music Web International thereby created ‘a fantastically thrilling and ultimately enjoyable version of which one feels that Rachmaninov would have thoroughly approved.’
- Sergey Rachmaninov (1873-1943) Piano Sonata No. 1 in D minor Op. 28
- Prelude in D Op. 23 No. 4
- Etude-tableau in D minor Op. 33 No. 5
- Prelude in G Op. 32 No. 5
- Etude-tableau in C minor Op. 33 No. 3
- Piano Sonata No. 2 in B flat minor Op. 36