Become a Contributing Author
Contributors are people who write articles for RUSSIAN ART + CULTURE. Anyone can apply to be a contributor as long as you are keen to write about Russian art and culture. As a contributor you can write as much and as frequently as you wish.
We publish posts daily and writing for the website provides the opportunity to gain bylines. This website gives academics, curators, critics, and graduate students the chance to publish their reviews, articles as well as to promote any upcoming events of interest to the UK community interested in Russian art and culture.
Being a contributor gives you an opportunity to gain journalism experience and build up your CV, have your thoughts and opinions read by thousands of people, join our network of academics, curators, journalists, and graduate students working in related fields.
If you are interested in becoming a contributor, please send your texts and cover letter to Elena Shampanova, Editor at email@example.com.
Guidelines for submitting articles to Russian Art and Culture
To help us publish the article sooner and promote it on social media, please follow these simple guidelines:
- send your article as a word document in English, suggested length is 1500-2000 words
- submit the article with a headline and subheading (you may take a look at the way the articles are listed on the home page)
- send 3-5 images as separate jpeg files, size 1-1.5Mb, with captions that include copyright information
- if you have a video to accompany the article – please send us the link and captions
- it is recommended to note where you want the images to be in the article (you can write that in your text)
- send us all the links you want to be included in the article
- make sure your send us all social media accounts you want to be tagged – we use Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- if you haven’t done so already, please send us a short bio and a photograph of yourself, so we could add you to to contributing authors’ list on our website
- THANK YOU