An impassioned and melodious programme, featuring rising stars Mishka Rushdie Momen and Matilda Lloyd.
Shostakovich’s virtuosic Concerto is paired with Prokofiev’s whimsical Visions Fugitives, the original solo piano version alternating with an arrangement with orchestra. Tchaikovsky’s glorious Serenade for Strings and a new work, Stages, by Alissa Firsova complete the programme. Alissa Firsova’s work for trumpet and strings draws inspiration from the poem of the same name by Hermann Hesse.
- Nathan James Dearden, pixelated in quick motion
- Alissa Firsova, Stages
- Dmitri Shostakovich, Concerto for piano, trumpet & strings
- Sergei Prokofiev arr. Rudolf Barshai, Visions Fugitives (alternating with solo piano originals)
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Serenade for Strings
- Marcus Barcham Stevens, director
- Mishka Rushdie Mormen, piano
- Matilda Lloyd, trumpet