The annual BALLET ICONS GALA, presented by Ensemble Productions, celebrates the 150th anniversary of Sergei Diaghilev, the legendary creator of the Ballets Russes, at the Coliseum on 13 March 2022 with most memorable moments from the Ballets Russes’ repertoire as well as contemporary masterpieces inspired by the Ballets Russes.
The programme, which celebrates the unique style, quality and sheer calibre of the Russian school of ballet training, will bring together world ballet stars including Maria Alexandrova (the Bolshoi Ballet), Daniil Simkin (Staatsballett Berlin/ABT), Natalia Osipova (The Royal Ballet), Artem Ovcharenko (the Bolshoi Ballet), Iana Salenko (Berlin State Ballet), Paul Marque (Paris Opera Ballet), Kimin Kim (Mariinsky Ballet) and many more.
The Gala‘s programme will bring to life masterpieces from the Ballets Russes’ repertoire, such as Petrushka, Scheherazade, L’Après-midi d’un Faune, Le Spectre de la rose and others, as well as contemporary works which have been influenced by the Ballets Russes.
The Gala continues to be one of the world’s most important events in the world’s ballet calendar. For one night only – 13 March 2022 – the Gala will bring together the world’s greatest ballet stars in a splendid performance – a night to remember! The annual Ballet Icons Gala in London has been organised by Ensemble Productions since 2006.
“We will celebrate the life of one of the most significant figures in the history of ballet, Sergei Diaghilev, an inspiration for all connected to the world of dance. We will admire again his creations and contemporary works which would not come alive without his influence. All these to be performed by world’s biggest ballet stars sharing the stage in Diaghilev’s memory,” says Olga Balakleets, CEO of Ensemble Productions.
The Ballet Icons Gala 2022 will be accompanied by the English National Ballet Philharmonic orchestra and performed by:
- Maria Alexandrova (The Bolshoi Ballet)
- Timofej Andrijashenko (Teatro alla Scala)
- Sergio Bernal (formerly Spanish National Ballet)
- António Casalinho (The Bavarian State Ballet)
- Jeffrey Cirio (English National Ballet)
- Reece Clarke (The Royal Ballet)
- Valentine Colasante (Paris Opera Ballet)
- Margarita Fernandes (The Bavarian State Ballet)
- Matthew Golding (formerly The Royal Ballet)
- Katja Khaniukova (English National Ballet)
- Maria Khoreva (Mariinsky Ballet)
- Kimin Kim (Mariinsky Ballet)
- Ekaterina Krysanova (The Bolshoi Ballet)
- Lucía Lacarra (Ballett Dortmund)
- Vladislav Lantratov (The Bolshoi Ballet)
- Maia Makhateli (Dutch National Ballet)
- Nicoletta Manni (Teatro alla Scala)
- Paul Marque (Paris Opera Ballet)
- Vadim Muntagirov (The Royal Ballet)
- Marianela Núñez (The Royal Ballet)
- Natalia Osipova (The Royal Ballet)
- Artem Ovcharenko (The Bolshoi Ballet)
- Xander Parish (Mariinsky Ballet)
- Giuseppe Picone (Teatro San Carlo)
- Iana Salenko (Berlin State Ballet)
- Vladimir Shklyarov (Mariinsky Ballet)
- Daniil Simkin (American Ballet Theatre / Berlin State Ballet)
- Anna Tikhomirova (The Bolshoi Ballet)
*Organisers reserve the right to make alterations to the casting where unavoidable.