Contributors are people who write articles for Russian Art and Culture. We rely on you to keep the site up-to-date and relevant. Anyone can apply to the editor to be a contributor so long as you have something to comment on which relates to Russian art and culture. As a contributor you can write as much and as frequently as you wish.
We publish posts daily and writing for the website provides the opportunity to gain bylines. This website gives academics, curators and graduate students the chance to publish their reviews, articles and to promote any upcoming events of interest to the Russian cultural community in the UK.
Reviews should be 400-500 words long and articles anything up to 1000 words. All contributors will recieve a byline for any articles published. If you would like to publish news of an event then please get in touch with the full details of when, where and what the event is. We publish notices of call for papers, academic conferences, study days, exhibitions and sales.
Why you should be a contributor?
- Journalism experience – a great opportunity to build your CV
- Have your thoughts and opinions read by hundreds of similarly interested people
- Share your recent research and publicise any upcoming events
- Join our research network of academics, curators and graduate students working in related fields
If you are interested in becoming a Russian Art and Culture contributor please email Irene Kukota, Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to work for a leading arts blog? We are the world’s most popular website specialising in Russian art and culture. We are always looking for bright, motivated and resourceful students or recent graduates who would like to gain some work experience in the world of art and online publishing based in our London office.
The role will be to assist the editor at Russian Art and Culture. You will be a valued member of the team and assist in a wide range of tasks, including administrative, social media, and research. Writing opportunities will also be given.
We believe in being good mentors. We want this to be valuable work experience for you to build your CV and to teach and improve real skills. In return, we expect you to be individuals who will work hard to get the most out of this unique opportunity.
We are looking for a candidate with strong analytical and research skills. The candidate must be self-motivated and have a ‘can do’ attitude as they will be often working autonomously. The candidate must be computer literate and have a comfortable telephone manner as well as first hand experience working with social media.
Desired skills and experience:
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Computer literate, experience with social media
- Self-motivated as will often be working autonomously
- Interest in Russian art or knowledge of Slavic culture
- Russian language would be advantageous but not essential
What you can expect:
- Gain valuable work experience being part of a busy and efficient team, and an insight into the arts publishing sphere. You will be given the chance to work on your own projects with real responsibility and have involvement in the preparations for our events and exhibitions programme.
- Researching upcoming news and creating calendar of events eg. exhibitions, conferences, lectures
- Building our database of clients and donors
- Researching resources for Russian Art and Culture subscribers
- Assisting preparations for our upcoming exhibitions
- Carrying out research for talks on Russian art
- Assisting with preparations for Russian Art Week in November/June
- Assisting in the development of the website
- Helping develop PR campaigns for the company
- Maintaining the online media strategy using Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN and VKontakte with an aim to increase the company’s profile
- Writing posts for the blog (there will be an opportunity to have articles published on the site)
“Doing an internship at Russian Art and Culture was a great experience; I was entrusted with a wide range of tasks straight away and was given a huge amount of creative license when writing contributions. I found it an excellent platform to stretch my wings in the fields I found most interesting, and received so much support from the RAC team in doing so.”
“From the very start of my internship I felt a valued employee of the organisation and my tasks and projects were very challenging and interesting. The opportunities made available to me at RAC have been fantastic. I have been able to gain a lot of experience in a short amount of time and in the process, I have learnt a lot about Russian art and about the way I work. It has given me the chance to work in a business environment, in a situation where I can take on responsibility but with the freedom to make mistakes and learn from the team around me. RAC have been really great in making me feel a valued member of the team, giving me confidence in my own abilities and contributions.”
“Russian Art and Culture gave me the opportunity to be at the centre of all cultural events that connect Russia with the UK. It was great to be part of such an important resource that promotes art exhibitions, conferences, theatre and musical performances!”
“At Russian Art and Culture I was given a lot of real responsibility and was trusted and given the freedom to work autonomously. I learned quickly about uploading web content, social media strategy and researching effectively in both Russian and English. The experience also meant I developed my writing style as I regularly contributed articles and still enjoy writing pieces now. Moreover, working at RAC meant I was able to network with many people in the Russian art world in London, something which is still extremely valuable to me.”
The work experience placement will take place at our office in Victoria but there will be the opportunity to do occasionally work from home.
We recruit throughout the year for 2-3 months at a time. Part-time positions are also available, as are shorter placements of 2-3 weeks. For our longer placement we require a commitment of at least 3 days a week, dates are flexible.
Please note this work experience is unpaid.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are glad to receive applications from anyone, regardless of sexual orientation, sex, race, age, gender or disability.
Please send your CV and covering letter to:
Katya Belyaeva, COO, email@example.com